Newbie (1 Posts)
6/29/2007 12:00:23 AM
Originally Posted by MilesShannara:
I've also been getting the Memory Could not be read error with EverQuest 2, Oblivion and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Originally it was only the first two games, but now JA has also been getting it. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated.
Here's my pc specs:
AMD Athlon 64
2.4GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
Windows XP Professional SP2
Ok, this might help. I think it's the updates that we get from Microsoft that causes the problem.
1. I have a friend that has this computer fully updated, and working was working fine with every game he played for a couple of months that he bought his computer (before he updated). But... later, after he started updating, the same errors were appearing, and the only think he does on his computer is MSN and Games.
2. I, myself, had this problem before... but it never bothered be much because it only occured when i close my browser (IE). Later, i found out it came from a new parental toolbar that i had, so i uninstalled it. (don't ask about the parental toolbar, i'm some one that tests software a lot). Well... anyways, i got a new hard drive just a couple of weeks ago and installed windows XP pro in it. I made sure i only updated SP2 and nothing else, therefore, i don't have any other updates from microsoft. And... the problem never came to me.
Oh.. some last things: my computer is only 900MHz, AMD Duron with 256MB RAM, sucky graphic card + sound card. Everything is intergrated (built-in to the mother board).
I hoped that info might have helped, and... please try to answer this problem, i'm trying to help my friend that has this problem too.
OHH!! and i'm going to uninstall all of my friend's updates to see what happens, i'll reply if it fixes it.
My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post was last edited by sleepychoco on Friday, June 29, 2007 at 12:02:20 AM.