Active Network Forums New User  |  Login  |  Any forum problems? E-mail us
Back to Forums > "Windows XP"
<- Previous Thread  |  Next Thread ->

The time is 5:44:04 PM

Locked Thread The network path was not found
  User Icon heathm23

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

1/2/2007 8:44:47 PM


I am having the same problem with my computers. I went to the compnetworking web site and I did what it said to do. This still did not fix the problem. The computer that I am having the problem with was working about a week and a half ago. I just can't figure out what is going on. I set the computer back so that it has the ten sections of the correct protocol. I don't know what else to do. Help!
  User Icon cmeireles

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

4/11/2007 12:40:43 PM


the network path was not found


I found the problem (at least in my case) to be a corrupt File and
Printer Sharing.
Double click the Local Area Network Icon, click Properties,
highlight File and Printer Sharing and Uninstall, reboot.
When the Computer is ready again, repeat the paragraph above to before Uninstall and then Click Install, highlight Service and click Add, highlight File and Printer Sharing, and click OK.
  User Icon origamiuk

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

11/24/2007 3:03:55 PM


I had the same problem nearly drove me nuts. None of the above fxes worked - but this one did:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903267/en-us
  User Icon jjbong

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

12/11/2007 9:53:10 PM




It seems that networking issues at any level can cause this. I spent quite a bit of time on this problem, which happened apparently randomly on our network (7 computers). We use one computer as a server, and randomly, the server disappeared. Rebooting the server seemed to fix it.

It turned out that one of the computers (not the server) had 802.1x authentication enabled, and the others didn't. When this computer became the Master Browser (who maintains the list of computers on the network), nobody could access it. The clue was access denied messages in the security log of one of the other computers.

Not sure whether this is unique or will help others.
  User Icon zone1

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

1/2/2008 7:22:29 AM


    QUOTE:

    Originally Posted by jjbong:
      QUOTE:

      Originally Posted by origamiuk:
      I had the same problem nearly drove me nuts. None of the above fxes worked - but this one did:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903267/en-us

      Thank You very much!!! I've been looking for an answer to this problem for about six months.
      A two minute fix,worked great!!
  User Icon ModerateUser

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

1/15/2008 8:13:01 PM


    QUOTE:

    Originally Posted by zone1:
      QUOTE:

      Originally Posted by jjbong:
        QUOTE:

        Originally Posted by origamiuk:
        I had the same problem nearly drove me nuts. None of the above fxes worked - but this one did:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903267/en-us

        Thank You very much!!! I've been looking for an answer to this problem for about six months.
        A two minute fix,worked great!!



      Originally Posted by origamiuk:
      I had the same problem nearly drove me nuts. None of the above fxes worked - but this one didhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/903267/en-us

      Thank You very much!!! I've been looking for an answer to this problem for about six months.
      A two minute fix,worked great!!

      This fix worked like a charm - perfect. I had been searching for days for a solution. Thanks a lot!!
  User Icon Tim the Toolman

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

1/25/2008 1:02:58 AM


I had the same issue on a pc with a farily new installation of XP (3 days old). I was transferring files from one pc to another and in the middle of the transfer the pc decided it could no longer access the workgroup. In My Network Places it couldn't even access itself but it could ping all the other pc's. I still had internet connection but no local network.

I tried ALL of the above suggestions to no avail.

I REINSTALLED windows and had the same problem.

My network has 3 XPs, one Vista and a Linux.

I disabled the network interface on Linux and rebooted the others; still no go.

I turned off all the windows computers, my switch, my router and my dsl modem then turned the modem on, the router on, the switch on and then the pc and now I have access to my network again.

So now I'm thinking it's something to do with the master browser. I found a utility on the windows CD ( \SUPPORT\TOOLS\SUPTOOLS.MSI ) that may help diagnose and fix the issue if it ever happens again. If anyone has any luck with it, please let us know.
  User Icon vhpnet

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

3/20/2008 8:22:54 AM


Well that solved my network problem, 3 computers hard wired ethernet worked fine, laptop in same workgroup connects by wireless, Internet connection was OK but could not communicate with other computers. many thanks to origamuik. How do these changes happen in XP? This laptop had worked in the workgroup previously OK.
  User Icon WalkingDeadman

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

6/6/2008 7:26:37 AM


I have 3 computers ( 2 laptops and 1 Desktop I custom built). For a few weeks, I was not able to see either computer on the network, ping them, or share files or printing. I tried everything from taking down the network, to setting it up again, to seeing if it was my router that was the problem. Never re-installed windows that is always the very last option. By the way 1 laptop and my desktop use Windows XP (SP2) and the other laptop has Window Vista Home Premium. After days of looking on the forums and none of the fixes worked. I checked my network properties on each computer. What I found was a wierd driver in the properties call TEEFER 2 DRIVER (capitalized for emphasis only). I googled that driver and the first thing that popped up was that this file or driver blocks file and print sharing, which was my very problem. So this was my solution and maybe it will work for someone else out there.

First go to MY NETWORK PLACES, then VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS, then depending if you connection is wireless or local area connection, right click on the appropriate connection your using. Then go down to PROPERTIES. The next window you see should be something like LOCAL AREA CONNECTION PROPERTIES or so maybe different for wireless connection. Anyway, look in the middle you will see a white box that above it has the words; THIS CONNECTION USES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Qos Packet Scheduler and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). This is where I also had the at wierd driver TEEFER 2 DRIVER HERE. The only items you need in this area for Windows XP or Vista are the first four I mentioned. If you see TEEFER 2 Driver, first uncheck the box next to it, then highlight the words TEEFER 2 DRIVER and click Uninstall, restart your PC or laptop, make sure you do this on all your machines. Once you restart and you have ensured all your computers are named differently, but have the same workgroup name, you should be able to File and Print Share with no problem. Mines came up instantly.

Sorry for the long thread, but I am a step by step kind of person, so I try to make it easier for some people who may not be so computer savvy. Hope this works for at least one other lost soul out there like I was.Emoticon
  User Icon randomtech

Newbie (1 Posts)
Newbie (1 Posts)

8/7/2008 3:09:01 AM


    QUOTE:

    Originally Posted by WalkingDeadman:
    I have 3 computers ( 2 laptops and 1 Desktop I custom built). For a few weeks, I was not able to see either computer on the network, ping them, or share files or printing. I tried everything from taking down the network, to setting it up again, to seeing if it was my router that was the problem. Never re-installed windows that is always the very last option. By the way 1 laptop and my desktop use Windows XP (SP2) and the other laptop has Window Vista Home Premium. After days of looking on the forums and none of the fixes worked. I checked my network properties on each computer. What I found was a wierd driver in the properties call TEEFER 2 DRIVER (capitalized for emphasis only). I googled that driver and the first thing that popped up was that this file or driver blocks file and print sharing, which was my very problem. So this was my solution and maybe it will work for someone else out there.

    First go to MY NETWORK PLACES, then VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS, then depending if you connection is wireless or local area connection, right click on the appropriate connection your using. Then go down to PROPERTIES. The next window you see should be something like LOCAL AREA CONNECTION PROPERTIES or so maybe different for wireless connection. Anyway, look in the middle you will see a white box that above it has the words; THIS CONNECTION USES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Qos Packet Scheduler and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). This is where I also had the at wierd driver TEEFER 2 DRIVER HERE. The only items you need in this area for Windows XP or Vista are the first four I mentioned. If you see TEEFER 2 Driver, first uncheck the box next to it, then highlight the words TEEFER 2 DRIVER and click Uninstall, restart your PC or laptop, make sure you do this on all your machines. Once you restart and you have ensured all your computers are named differently, but have the same workgroup name, you should be able to File and Print Share with no problem. Mines came up instantly.

    Sorry for the long thread, but I am a step by step kind of person, so I try to make it easier for some people who may not be so computer savvy. Hope this works for at least one other lost soul out there like I was.Emoticon




Check out this post:http://randomtech.blogspot.com/2007/07/network-path-was-not-found-error-on-win.html

It has a few things you can try in the post and in the comments.

Reinstalling won't help, as it is a limitation of the MS networking implementation. Basically different services get in the way of each other.

Cheers...

Copyright © 1997-2012 Active Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use. Privacy Policy.
cheap boilers, IR35
Taxis